This here is one of the simplest recipes you can make this summer. It also happens to be one of my favorites! You can toss this salad over pasta with a touch of extra virgin olive oil or to make it sizable salad for a large crowd. On the other hand, you can just make a large quantity to enjoy as leftovers over steamed rice or in a flour tortilla like I do. In any case, this is a regular dish in our home during the heat of the summer.
Here is a printable of this Recipe Black bean Salad .
Black Bean Summer Salad
2 – 16oz cans of black beans
2+ cups of frozen corn
1 to 2 avocados
2 cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
1 green bell pepper (chopped)
½ bunch of green onions
Chopped cilantro to suit your taste
2 lemons (juice only)
Salt and pepper to taste
All you really need is a bowl, can opener, colander, cutting board, knife and spoon.
- Open cans of black beans and rinse beans colander and put into large bowl.
- Measure out about 2 cups of frozen corn and put into the bowl. You can add more or less corn if you like. I like to see and pretty even ratio of beans to corn.
- Half the avocado and remove the pit, spear it with the length of your knife blade. Try not to go too deep. That will make the pit hard to get off the knife. Use a wooden spoon or the edge of a cutting board to knock the pit off the knife. Don’t use your hands to remove the pit from the knife – that may not end safely! Then carefully score the avocado flesh with your knife cut from top to bottom. Then score horizontally and use a spoon to scope out your avocado into the salad.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and chop up your bell peppers, cilantro, and your green onions.
- Juice your lemons and be sure to watch for the seeds.
- Then salt and pepper to taste and give your salad a good stir.
Simple and delicious!!!
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do!
From my kitchen to your home.